Transport Operations Co-ordinator - Sydney
Operating for over 50 years providing charter & express services throughout Australia. Murrays is an iconic Australian brand in the coach & tourism industry known for its pristine white luxury coaches with the large green M & Murrays name down the side of the coach. Murrays employs over 400 staff across the organisation and regards its employees as the greatest asset to its success.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced team member to join our Operations team based in Alexandria, Sydney. The role in our Operations Control Centre is to quality control and monitor Murrays movements Australia wide. The successful candidate will be on a rotating roster and will be responsible in monitoring & managing flight arrivals and traffic conditions. Our operations personnel are responsible in managing the on the day performance of all transport tasks and you must have the ability to communicate & report details effectively to our management, drivers and customers.
Duties will include but will not be limited to:
- Manage & monitor real-time movements for on-time running and incident reporting.
- Monitor incoming airport schedules & traffic conditions to ensure we deliver first class transport on-time.
- Maintain a high level of customer service to our customers including prompt follow up action & reporting on all inquiries received.
- Liaise with our driving team in providing assistance on the day to ensure the execution of successful transport movements.
To be considered for this role a successful applicant will need:
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to “think outside the box”.
- Highly developed communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong computer and keyboard skills.
- A high level of attention to detail, be well organised & work to tight deadlines.
- To be familiar with working in a similar role in operations or logistics.
- Knowledge of the Bus and Coach Industry an advantage with an understanding of safe drivers hours/fatigue management regulations and have basic knowledge of the principles of rostering & scheduling.
- Eager to learn all aspects of our business and is open to be crossed trained accordingly.
- Willing to work on a rotating roster that includes weekends.
How to Apply
If you are looking for a unique challenge and wanting to further your career in the transport industry apply by sending your resume to email@example.com or call our Recruitment Team on 1300 982 350.
Applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian permanent resident.