Express Terms and Conditions
All bookings are subject to the following Terms & Conditions.
For Snow Express terms & conditions, click here.
Click here for a downloadable PDF version.
Murrays do not offer refunds or credits on any bookings made on our route services. Bookings cannot be transferred to another person or another route service in the event that you are unable to travel. Photo identification in the form of a driver's licence, passport, and Australian government issued pension/concession card, senior's card or student ID may be requested when boarding the coach. If the passenger fails to board the coach at the scheduled time on the booking, the fare and ticket will be forfeited.
Fare Types & Conditions
All fares are subject to change without prior notice. Murrays offers a range of different fare types that are subject to different fare rules and are priced differently. Your ticket is subject to the fare rules applicable to the type of fare you booked.
Fare types include:
Hot Discount - Tickets purchased in this fare category are unchangeable. Requests to change the passenger's name, time, date, location of departure or destination of a Hot Discount ticket will be declined.
Premium Discount - Tickets purchased in this fare category are changeable at a Murrays booking office or by phone. Premium Discount fares may be changed to another service with no additional fee, if another discount fare is available on that service that is of the same value or lower than the purchased fare. If no other discount fare is available, a change of booking fee will be payable. Should a passenger wish to make a change over the phone, an additional transaction fee will be payable.
Fully Flexible - Tickets purchased in this fare category are changeable via the internet or at a Murrays booking office for no additional fee. Should a passenger wish to change a Flexible Fare over the phone, an additional transaction fee will be payable.
All concessional fares (including pensioner, seniors and student) are issued subject to the terms and conditions of the purchased fare type.
All bookings made via our call centre will incur a booking fee. This includes bookings to add or change a reservation on an existing booking. This fee will be included in the total fare or change fee at the time of payment.
Please see Murrays fare categories for conditions.
- Adult - Any person over the age of 15 years with no applicable concession or student identification card.
- Pensioner/Concessions/Seniors - Australian Government issued pension, concession and senior card holders only.
- Student - 16 years old and above. Students under the age of 18 years require proof of age identification in the form of student ID card or birth certificate. Students over 18 years require photo identification in the form of a driver's licence or passport as well as proof of eligibility for a student concession (Student/University ID card).
- Child - Child fares are applicable for children aged 2 - 15 years. A child must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.
- Infants (under 2 years) - Infants under 2 years of age may travel free of charge if accompanied by an adult over the age of 18 and if they do not occupy a seat. Should an infant require a seat, the applicable child rate will be charged.
Unaccompanied Minor Policy
Children under the age of 15 years are not permitted to travel unaccompanied on any Murrays Australia service. All children under the age of 15 must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18. Proof of age for the accompanied person may be requested and must be shown on departure. If no identification is provided, travel may be refused for both passengers. The person accompanying the child under the age of 15 years old must accept full responsibility for the child during the journey.
Change a Booking Conditions and Fees
Please see Murrays fare categories for conditions.
All bookings can be changed online at www.murrays.com.au or by calling our booking office on (61) 13 22 51 between 4am - 7pm, 7 days a week. Any changes must be made up to 30 minutes prior to the original scheduled departure time and may incur change fees. Failure to make a change to your booking 30 minutes prior to the original scheduled departure time will result in your ticket and fare being forfeited.
Changes to another service are subject to seat availability at the time of making the change. Passengers must nominate their new date and time of travel at the time of making the change. Changes cannot be made to a booking where you have arrived after your original scheduled departure time as your ticket will be forfeited. Flexible Fares can be open dated for 6 months from the date you purchased your ticket. Travel must be completed within the 6 months of the original purchased date or the ticket will be forfeited. All additional changes from the revised travel dates are subject to Change a Booking Conditions and Fees.
Payment Options and Credit Card Surcharge
Online Booking Payment Options
Payment of a booking online can be made via credit card or paypal.
Murrays will charge an additional fee of 2% of the total value of the fare when paying via American Express, Diners or Japanese Cards.
Booking Office Payment Options
Payment of your booking, change of booking fees and excess luggage charges can be made at our booking offices located in Sydney at 486 Pitt Street Haymarket and in Canberra at the Jolimont Centre. All major credit cards are accepted as well as direct debit facilities and cash payment. Payment of your booking, change of booking fees and excess luggage charges at the Sydney International Airport can only be made via credit card. Murrays will charge an additional fee of 2% of the total value of the fare when paying via American Express, Diners or Japanese Cards.
Timetable and Travel Conditions
All schedules are correct at the time of placement on the site. Murrays services operate subject to passenger demand and availability. The company reserves the right to alter the schedules as it deems necessary. Whilst every effort is made to maintain the timetabled service, no responsibility will be taken for inconvenience due to delayed service, or for any additional cost or expense that may be incurred by you as a result of scheduling changes.
Travel duration times are subject to change due to traffic and weather conditions. Murrays recommends that when making travel plans you ensure that a contingency is in place for unforeseen circumstances that may occur and are out of our control.
Passengers travelling to and from the Sydney International Airport should ensure that they have allowed time for traffic and flight delays. Whilst every effort is made to maintain the timetabled service, no responsibility will be taken for inconvenience due to delayed service, or for any additional cost or expense that may be incurred by you as a result of scheduling changes or delay for any reason.
All coaches commence loading 30 minutes prior to departure at the Canberra Jolimont Centre and Sydney Central Station. All passengers must board the coach 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time. Failure to board the coach within 10 minutes of the departure time may mean your fare and seat will be forfeited.
|Canberra Booking Office||Sydney Booking Office|
65-67 Northbourne Avenue
Canberra City ACT 2601
Central Railway Station
486 Pitt Street
Sydney NSW 2000
Sydney International Airport
Bookings are essential for Sydney International Airport pick up and drop offs as Murrays will only stop to pick up and drop off passengers where a booking has been made. We recommend passengers be at the scheduled stop and check in luggage with driver 10 minutes prior to departure.
Sydney Airport Pick Up Location
Meet at Bay 9 in the coach bay area (on the arrivals level).
International Terminal (T1), Sydney International Airport.
Wollongong and South Coast Services
We recommend that passengers on these services should arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
Brisbane/Miles and Brisbane Airport Services
We recommend that passengers on all Queensland services should arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled departure time.
|Brisbane Booking Office||Toowoomba Booking Office|
Brisbane Transit Centre
Brisbane QLD 4000
Bell Street Mall
Toowoomba QLD 4350
Allocated seating is not available and seating is based on a first come, first served basis.
All coaches commence loading 30 minutes prior to departure at the Canberra Jolimont Centre and Sydney Central Station. For those passengers boarding from the Sydney International Airport a designated block of seating will be assigned in the coach for airport passengers.
Right to Refuse Travel
Murrays reserves the right to refuse travel or remove from the vehicle any passenger, regardless of whether the passenger holds a valid ticket, where the passenger;
- Behaves in a disruptive, threatening or unlawful manner and may pose a threat to themselves, other passengers, Murrays staff or property.
- On the reasonable assessment by Murrays, appears to be under the influence of alcohol or any other drug or appears to be in possession of an unlawful substance.
- Is observed smoking or attempting to smoke a cigarette on board a vehicle, including any onboard toilet facility.
Murrays further reserves the right to refuse booking requests or refuse travel to those passengers who are in breach, or have previously breached Murrays Terms of Carriage.
Murrays require all passengers to conform to minimum dress standards on any service which includes a shirt, shorts/trousers/skirt and footwear.
Food and Beverages
Murrays allows food and beverages to be carried and consumed on the vehicle subject to the following restrictions;
- No hot food or hot drinks are to be taken on board any vehicle.
- No glass bottles will be allowed on board a vehicle. All drinks must be in plastic or non breakable receptacles.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the vehicle and may not be consumed on board a vehicle.
Murrays does not offer refrigerated bulk storage for carriage of bulk quantities of plant or animal products including any food items.
Due to concerns around hygiene, disease, vermin and other passenger comfort, Murrays does not allow the carriage of bulk quantities of food stuffs in any form. For the avoidance of doubt, bulk quantities will be reasonably assessed as a quantity exceeding what a passenger may reasonably consume on an individual service or trip.
Passengers travelling with a mobility aid
Passengers travelling with a mobility aid are asked to contact our booking office on (61) 13 22 51 between 4am - 7pm, 7 days a week or forward an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to assist with your travel plans.
Passengers with a carer
Passengers who are unable to travel alone and require assistance must travel with a carer or chaperone. Coach drivers/staff are only permitted to provide basic assistance. Drivers are unable to assist with access to facilities, lift or carry passengers, administer medicines or perform any medical procedures.
Passengers travelling with a medical condition
For passengers who have a medical condition it is recommended that a carer/chaperone accompany you on their journey. In the event that a passenger becomes ill during their journey the appropriate emergency services will be contacted and the continuation of travel will be determined by the emergency services personnel.
Our coach drivers are not trained or permitted to administer any medicines or perform medical tasks.
If you need more information, please contact our booking office on 13 22 51 between 4am - 7pm, 7 days a week or forward an email to email@example.com
A passenger on a service is entitled to carry at no additional charge:
- One (1) suitcase or bag not more than 32 kilograms in weight and,
- One (1) carry on bag with no wheels that may be stored in overhead luggage racks or under the seat in front. If the luggage is unable to be stored in the overhead luggage racks or under the seat in front, the carry on luggage must be stored in the main vehicle storage compartment.
Murrays makes every reasonable attempt to carry a passenger's luggage on the service which they travel. On occasion, due to vehicle loading and regulatory weight restrictions, luggage may need to be carried on an alternate service.
Where luggage is carried on an alternate service to that which the passenger travels on, the passenger holds sole responsibility for pick up of the luggage at the vehicle drop off location or Murrays booking office.
Murrays may refuse carriage of any luggage if in its opinion the luggage is:
- a hazardous substance or dangerous good;
- likely to be damaged during travel;
- likely to cause damage to other passenger luggage or any other property.
In the event luggage is refused travel by Murrays, the passenger holds sole responsibility for any and all costs of alternate travel for their luggage. All luggage, including carry on luggage, is the sole responsibility of the passenger. Murrays accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for any damage to, theft or loss of any passenger luggage whilst on our premises including when on board a vehicle.
Personal Travel insurance is not included in your fare or ticket and we recommend you obtain adequate insurance prior to travel.
Excess luggage is any luggage beyond which is allowed for on a passenger ticket as defined under Luggage. Murrays holds no obligation to carry excess luggage. Murrays may carry excess luggage at its sole discretion. Excess luggage may not be carried on the same service as the passenger and must be picked up by the passenger at the arrival time of the alternate service.
Carriage of excess luggage will incur additional fees per the following schedule:
- Additional suitcase or bag not more than 32 kilograms in weight - $10 per item
- Surfboards, push bikes, skis, snow boards - $20 per item
- Prams and disability aids - no additional fee
- Any other non standard item will be carried at Murrays absolute discretion.
In the event a passenger leaves an item of luggage on a Murrays vehicle:
- Murrays will make all reasonable efforts to identify the owner of the luggage and notify them of the unclaimed luggage. Collection of the luggage will be the sole responsibility of the passenger.
- Any freight fees incurred in transporting the luggage to an alternate location will be borne solely by the passenger. Murrays will store the item as lost property for a period of 30 days. Should the item remain unclaimed at the expiry of that storage period, the item will be disposed of at Murrays sole discretion.
- Murrays will not be liable for any loss, expense or inconvenience incurred by the passenger.
Freight services are only available for the Wollongong and South Coast services. Contact our booking office on 13 22 51 between 4am - 7pm, 7 days a week for more information.
Murrays Loyalty Club Membership
- Murrays Loyalty Club registrations can only be made online at www.murrays.com.au.
- As a Murrays Loyalty Club member you will be issued with a member number and password. No previous trips prior to your registered joining date as a member can be claimed to your membership.
- Murrays Loyalty Club Members can make bookings on behalf of additional passengers but additional passengers must travel with the Loyalty Club member for these trips to be accumulated and valid to a Loyalty Club membership.
- Photo identification in the form of a driver’s licence, passport, and current Government issued concession card, seniors card or student ID may be requested when boarding the coach. All bookings are non-refundable and non-transferable to other persons.
- Murrays Loyalty Club Members must book five (5) trip sectors on one of the participating services in a 12 month period to receive one (1) free trip*.
- One (1) free trip consists of one sector and is subject to seat availability.
- Free Loyalty Club trips can only be redeemed and used for travel by the registered Murrays Loyalty Club member. Free trips cannot be transferred and used by family members or other travelling passengers. The Murrays Loyalty Club Member must travel.
- To redeem your free trip, you must book online and redeem your free trip/s within 6 months of your free trip/s being issued.
- Changes to your free Loyalty Club trip can be made, but are subject to Change a Booking Conditions and Fees.
- If the passenger fails to board the coach at the scheduled time on the booking, the fare and ticket will be forfeited.
- Murrays Loyalty Club members must enter membership number at the time of booking. Trips cannot be allocated to your membership number after the booking has been confirmed.
- The Murrays Loyalty Club free trip offer is only valid on the following services:
Sydney ↔ Canberra
Brisbane ↔ Toowoomba
Brisbane ↔ Miles
- Loyalty Club Program is not available for the Canberra/Narooma, Canberra/Wollongong, Snow Services & Special Event Packages.
- Upon joining the Murrays Loyalty Club program, you give your consent to receive promotional information and be part of prize or other promotional activity as notified by Murrays from time to time. Murrays will communicate special offers via our website, email or SMS text, or all. You can opt-out any time from this service by updating your account details online.
- Murrays Australia Pty Ltd can make changes to the Murrays Loyalty Club Program and will give notice of any changes to the Terms and Conditions at our sole discretion, either via the Murrays website and/or by direct communications sent out to our members.
Snow Packages & Bookings - Terms & Conditions
All bookings for the Murrays snow express are subject to the following snow terms & conditions.