Travel Update - Monday 23rd March 2020
COVID-19 – An Update from Murrays
23/02/20 at 5:30pm
COVID-19 Service Update @ 23rd March 2020
We are continuing to closely monitor the Covid-19 (coronavirus) situation. In response to concerns we want to assure you that we are taking a number of precautions to limit the risk of Covid-19 to our passengers, drivers and staff.
- All vehicles are cleaned rigorously at the end of every shift using disinfectant & other commercial cleaning chemicals
- In addition, drivers have been provided with disinfectant wipes, spray and paper towel to clean their vehicles in-between services
- Drivers and staff are being supplied with PPE including gloves, sanitiser and masks
- Our booking offices are now cleaned more frequently for the safety of passengers and staff
We also encourage all of our passengers to take personal precautions when travelling. We ask that you:
- Follow good hygiene practices as recommended by the Australian Department of Health
- Contact us if you are due to travel but are feeling unwell
- If you have a surgical mask, we encourage you to wear it onboard
- Follow government guidelines on travel if you have recently returned from overseas.
Murrays are committed to providing reliable and affordable coach travel in these uncertain times. However, as the situation is rapidly evolving, and this may lead to some disruptions to our regular services.
These disruptions currently include:
- the suspension of our Melbourne Express Service,
- the suspension of our Sydney / Canberra Express Service (click here for more details)
- the suspension of our QLD Express Service (click here for more details)
In the event that we need to alter the details of a booking, Murrays will be in contact via SMS, phone or email.
We also understand that many travel plans have been impacted by COVID-19. To ensure that you can continue to travel with confidence, all valid bookings for travel that were purchased up to Monday 16th March 2020 will be able to be open-dated for 6 months from the date of purchase. If your plans have changed and you have a valid Hot, Premium or Flexible ticket, please contact our office at least 24 hours’ prior to departure to have your ticket open dated. Super-Hot Fares or promotional fares are not eligible to be open dated and we recommend that you contact your travel insurer. All bookings are non-refundable. Changes to eligible fares can be made up until the 31st March 2020.
As this is a constantly changing situation, we ask that all passengers who are booked to travel please contact us prior to confirm your travel details. Contact our reservations team with your reservation number at firstname.lastname@example.org or on (61) 13 22 51.
Please note that there have been changes to our office operating hours. Please refer here for the most up to date information.